It's important that all participants - four legged and two legged alike - have a safe walk.
Please read the following requirements to ensure that everyone has an enjoyable day.
What to pack :
To participate in the dog walk, your dog(s) must:
Additional Safety Information
Strictly NO other types of animals (cats, ferrets, pigs etc) are permitted to participate in the walk. Any animals, other than dogs, that attend the walk will be asked to leave along with their owner(s).
Unscrupulous sales people who bring dogs and puppies to sell at any location will be asked to leave immediately.
Children must be accompanied by an adult during ALL stages of the walk - at entry, during the walk and after the walk.
St Johns Ambulance officers will be present to attend to any first aid requirements.
Terms and Conditions
1. There is no fee to enter event site. As a fundraising event we have charged you to participate in the dog walk. If you do not have an event race bib that indicates you have paid to participate in the dog walk you will be asked not to take part..
2. You are participating in our Dog Walk at your own risk. You agree to indemnify and will not hold Westside Community Care its employees, volunteers, agents, stakeholders, sponsors and/or independent contractors liable in any way for any injury to you or any loss or damage to your personal or third party property.
3. McDonalds Greater Springfield Run for Life organisers must be notified of any behavioural problems with your dog at the time of registration, this is so we can advise you if your dog is not suited for this event. Failure to notify us may result in cancellation of your registration without refund.
4. We advise dogs should be insured by the participant as dogs may not be covered under our event liability insurance policy, depending on the act of the incident.
5. McDonalds Greater Springfield Run for Life cannot be held liable for any loss, injury or death whilst participating in the Dog Walk event.
6. Upon entry to event site ALL DOGS must be secured on dog leads. Under no circumstances is your dog to be off a lead. Failure to do so will have you and dog unfortunately removed from event site.
7. All dogs participating in Greater Springfield Run for Life, Dog Walk (2km) event, must be fully vaccinated and on a regular flea and worm control regime.
8. Please insure your dog is adequately trained and well socialised
9. You as the dog walker must apply personal judgment and cut a short walk if necessary because of extreme weather conditions, for the safety of both the dog an you the walker.
10. Dog litter bags will be provided on event day, it is your responsibility to clean up after your dog or fines may apply